Friday, May 15, 2009

I will NOT forswear myself now or ever.


I enlisted in the US Air Force in 1973. At that time, I swore to protect the Constitution against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic. This includes any who try to abrogate any rights guaranteed in the Constitution, I was honorably discharged in 1988 and am a disabled veteran.

When discharged, there was nothing said or done that negated my "So help me God" I said every time I reenlisted. I will NOT forswear myself now or ever.


I fully agree with a statement made by Charlton Heston that the Second Amendment is the first among equals. If this protection is removed, all the rest of the Constitution ts at risk.

God help us against these elected individuals who violate their oath and are trying to tear down this Republic.


David G. Sisson
TSgt at discharge

2 comments:

The Kentucky Con said...

Sir, I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to you and to all our current military personnel and to all our veterans. When I was 20 years old, I had an experience that I will never forget. Both of my grandfathers were veterans. One was in the Navy during WWII and the other was in the Army during the Korean Conflict. I have always tried to show my appreciation to any veteran that I happen to come across. One day, while I was working as a teller at a bank, an older man in biker clothes came in. He had several pins on his vest, including one from Vietnam. I asked if he was a Vietnam veteran. The man actually tensed up like he was getting ready for a fight and answered "yes", but it wasn't a friendly "yes". I told him, "I'd like to shake your hand." In all honesty, I've never seen anybody go from ice cold and hard to relieved and relaxed that fast. He thanked me and left. Our fighting forces, both past and present, deserve all the respect and support we can give them. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

CaptGooch said...

Lots of us were Never welcomed home after Viet Nam.
If you would truly Thank a Viet Nam Veteran tell him "Welcome Home" and "Well Done".

Now there are veterans coming home from their tour of duty only to find that they are instantly assumed to be "right wing extremists" just for being honorable patriots and stepping up to serve their country.

Not one of those veterans sent themselves to fight in any land on their own design and yet those who did send them now want to control and contain them lest they turn and bite the hand that sent them to that hell in the first place.

Doesn't it ring hollow that the very people that required that a person learn to kill to protect this country is now of the opinion that that very same trained person is now a threat to our country ?

I know not what others may choose but for myself I'll defend Our Constitution and work to restore the Republic it founded.


For the Republic