Friday, April 3, 2009

Army and National Guard Vet. Stands by his Oath


"I have long stated that my oath of enlistment to preserve and protect the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic."as well as "to keep true faith and allegiance to the same." did not expire upon my retirement.

In my 27 years of combined active duty and reserve service in the U.S. Army and the Texas Army National Guard I have served in the Artillery, Infantry and deployed to the Balkans as a Combat Engineer. I am a retired Sergeant First Class, and stand by my initial oath of enlistment on October 17, 1958.

This I will defend!

John E. Carstarphen
SFC, EN, Retired

1 comment:

CaptGooch said...

Very well said Sgt. Carstarphen.

Let me Thank You for your Service and ask you to help us Reach and Teach the "young bucks" and the Peace Officers of this country that we love so well.

It is the Veterans that will carry the greatest weight of this "engagement".
Let us shoulder this task with joy for we are in league with the likes of Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson and many many more Patriots than I have room to name.

Welcome to Oath Keepers.
We are glad to have you with us.

"Not on Our Watch"