Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Testimony of Air Force Veteran


My line has been fighting - and dieing - for the United States since before the Revolution. My kin fought in the French and Indian War. We have served in every war since.

I served 10 years in the Air Force.

My Father served in the Navy as did my younger brother - AND his wife. My Dad's Father was in the trenches in France and my Father-in-law bailed out of a burning B-24 and had the privilege of experiencing the "other" death march (Google German Death March). Most of my cousins and both my Dad's brothers served at least one hitch. My son served 8 years in the Army - including Panama and Sandbox 1. I have a nephew by marriage in Iraq as we speak and a cousin's son (no - TWO cousins' sons) getting ready to go back.


I never served in combat but one night in '82 I helped bring 5th Air Force to Defcon 2 when the North Koreans moved 5 additional divisions up to the DMZ and tried to bring down overflying U-2s and SR-71s.

While you were asleep over here we were only 2 stages of alert from war.


I actually took the oath 3 times - once when I went to OCS at Quantico, once when I enlisted in USAF and once when I re-enlisted and I do not remember any expiration date.

I refuse to be forsworn.

God help me - AND us. May we never have to defend our homes and families from U.S. troops - or peace officers.


-Bill Mullins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"God help me - AND us. May we never have to defend our homes and families from U.S. troops - or peace officers."

Let's just hope they continue to serve the citizens and elected representatives, and don't turn their backs on democracy and civilian rule inorder to grab power and get their own way.