Monday, March 2, 2009

Oath Keeper Testimonial of U.S. Army Infantry Veteran With 23 Years Service

CorbinKale said...

Thanks for standing up for the U.S. Constitution. I am retired from the U.S. Army Infantry with 23 years of service. Several times during the course of my career, I took an Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. I took it seriously, and I still do. I was, and am, willing to die in the defense of my Constitution, without which there is no nation.

Once enlisted, I asked myself how I could best fulfill my Oath to support and defend the Constitution. I decided that my first step would be to find out what was stated in the document. After that, I still had some questions that needed clarification, so I read the concurrent writings of the Founders. It takes a lot of reading and research, but with a committed effort the meaning of the Constitution becomes very plain. I don't need a lawyer to explain it to me.

Human nature and the nature of government conspire to amass power and control, so freedom never lasts very long. Democracy-based societies have a cycle of about 200 years, and we are approaching the end of one of those cycles. The one thing that is required before the government lapses into tyranny is the disarming of the populace. The Founders knew this very well and insisted on the inclusion of a Bill of Rights to restrict the government from interfering with our Natural Rights. The Second Amendment specifies that the Right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. 'Experts' will say that no Right is absolute. I say it IS absolute. It is the one Right that has to stand, uninfringed, in order to preserve liberty as a last resort. Once we are disarmed, liberty is gone.

My warning to the enemies of the Constitution is this:

We will not wait to be disarmed before we resist. If you move the line behind where we now stand, we will not comply. If you send armed men to force compliance, we will defend ourselves and the Constitution. Naturally, we will then be at war with those who sent armed men against us.

For those who find that statement shocking, you should try reading what some of our nation's Founders wrote! I have already sent this message to my elected leaders. I pray to God they honor their own Oaths. We stand ready. -

Corbinkale

1 comment:

Stewart Rhodes said...

Corbinkale is absolutely correct: You don't need a lawyer to understand the Constitution, and the best place to start is with the writings of the Founders (and of their critics, the Anti-Federalists) of the time. One of the best resources for such study of original documents is www.constitution.org

I've always recommended starting with the Declaration of Independence, and then reading through the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers, as well as the debates in the state ratifying conventions. - Stewart Rhodes