Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Active Duty Soldier knows what the Oath Means


I'm about to retire from the Army, and will no longer have any "officers appointed over me." But I will still hold myself to my oat the support and defend the Constitution. I'll be moving to the mountain west this summer, and starting my homestead. I've given a lot of thought to what I would do if troops ever show up at my homestead to collect either my guns or my food. It will go something like this...

***************************

I walk out to meet the NCOIC of the group of soldiers at the gate of my property. I present my retired military ID, and ask them to recite his oath of enlistment.

If he cannot, I will recite it for him.
Then I will ask him to recite the second amendment. If he cannot, I will recite it for him. I will then ask him who the "well-regulated militia" is.

He will probably say it's the National Guard. I will inform him that the militia is EVERY adult citizen who is not a conscientious objector. EVERY citizen should be armed to defend the Republic.
I will then ask him what precipitated the Battle of Lexington and Concord, the first battle of the American Revolution. If he does not know, I will explain that government troops were sent to seize the CIVILIAN militia's arms, which were not mere hunting rifles, but included ARTILLERY. I will explain to him that these events were fresh in the minds of the founders of our nation when they wrote the second amendment. I will then ask him why a CIVILIAN militia is "necessary to the security of a free state." If he cannot answer, I will explain how many of the states, after reading the current version of the second amendment, wanted to add the phrase, "Because standing armies are a threat to peace."

Adding these things together, it is clear that it was the intention of our founders that the US Military would NEVER be more powerful than the CIVILIAN militia. That our government, in order to be held to "the consent of the governed," that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
I will then ask if they have been ordered to search the property of anyone who does not cooperate. If they say yes, I will ask them to recite the fourth amendment. If they cannot, I will recite it for them. Then I will ask to see their warrant. If they have none, I will inform them that they should return when they have one that specifies what they are searching for, and the specific places to be searched. I will then explain that they are obeying orders that are unlawful; violating both the second and fourth amendments. I will tell them to go back to their commander, and tell them exactly what I said.

****************************


Well... Those are some of the things that go through my head when I think about what might happen in the future.

2 comments:

CorbinKale said...

Your reasoning is dead on. I had the same line of logic. However, there will likely be no time for such a discussion. If things have come to the point where armed troops are making the rounds, they will just arrest you, or kill you.

That is the beauty and purpose of this site. To educate and make our uniformed troops realize what they have sworn to defend, and what they are likely to be ordered to do in violation of their Oath. The time to educate them and force them to decide is BEFORE they show up on your property.

Thank you for taking a stand. The more active duty military folks we have honoring their Oaths, the less likely that we will end in civil war.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm not afraid of anything and I know they are.

I had an illegal Israeli Mossad British Zionist hit team on my property one time and did not allow them inside, yet I had a weapon prepared to kill all of them.

I instructed the police to watch out for any of these people and they did, and they chased them out of the city I believe. (Thank god.)

I must admit it was a bit jeery but I was not afraid.

Now I have an understanding of the law and a knowledge, I can get kangaroo cases against me dismissed in court & get others to see my point of view.

I believe through the natural skills I have collected, they will be unable to use any police force against me yet still they will try to intimidate everyone.

I believe if we understand what these sinister people are really doing, they will become afraid of us and more so they will run.

But if we are blind to them or ignorant of them, they will turn the truth and twist it by deception - their greatest real threat or tactic in the end.

And my fear is some in the law community will be very ignorant of them and end up carrying out their orders without knowing it, thus we will all have to protect ourselves.

Yes we may have to fight back however, if they are forced to bring in brute mercenaries to try to accomplish sheer madness then we will win because despite our more spread numbers we are a majority....and we despite any corruption problems of our past, are more honest and more brave then they are.